Google Analytics or GA in short, is a free (basic) service by Google for webmasters for detailed tracking of traffic to one's website/blog. It is also available in premium but we do not need it as basic service, which is free, shows us everything we need to know. It shows us a number of useful stats which are crucial to succeed with our online business. Beside the number of pagviews, unique visitors or bounce rate, it also shows the keywords data, page load time, from where visitor landed, which browser they used, what error they encountered, real time reporting, event tracking, campaign tracking, flow visualization and much more. Do you have any reason not to use Google Analytics on your blogger blog?
Steps To Add Google Analytics On Blogger Blog
1) Setting Up your account with Google Analytics!
- Go to Google Analytics Page and click on Sign in Link (Top Left Side)
- After Sign in, click on Sign Up button (in left side corner) to begin with setup process of your account.
- Now you will have to fill up the necessary data required to setup your account like as; Account Name, Website Name, Website URL, Category, Time Zone etc. (see image below).
- After that scroll down to the end of the page and click on blue button "Create Account", then a pop dialogue box of "Terms and Conditions" will appear. Accept their terms and conditions to proceed with the account setup.
2) Adding Google Analytics To Your Blogger Blog
- Go to Blogger → Settings → Other and then scroll down to the end.
- You will see there is a option to add our UA id in "Analytics Web Property ID" box so paste your UA tracking id you had copied from Google Anaylitics account (See image below).
- Now go to Template → Edit HTML then wait to load the template code box.
- Click anywhere inside the template code box, press Ctrl+F or Cmd+F so that a search box will appear.
</body>code line to search box and hit enter.
- Now just before this
</body>code line, paste this code line
<b:include name='google-analytics' data='blog'/>
- Now save your template code because we are done with installation process.
Everything is setup by now but it might take few hours for Google Analytics to show the data in your account so do not worry about that, just simply give it at least 24 hours of time. Next day login back and check the stats and start playing around :). You can also link your Google webmasters account with your Google Analytics account so that you can get the more out of it. In case you face any problem then just ask in comment below.